Sunday, February 2, 2014

Getting back to business

Look at this, it’s over a 1 ¼ year since my last update, and I didn’t even stopped by to say hello, or even to announce that I was taking a break from the blog, or whatever. For my own standards, this is unacceptable, but coming from all that I went through over all this time, it was more than expected.

Even though this blog was conceived to be a humoristic site, I need to sit down and talk straight this one time before actually going back to business.


Long story short, life caught up on me and gave me a good lesson on humility.


I know, that explanation’s horrible, but I’ve been erasing draft after draft the last two hours because as much as I wanted to be concise, the story of these last 15 months needed a lot of explanation. I don't like to go on and on about something if there's no lesson to be learnt or punchline to laugh about; and while I do believe there are a few lessons to be taught about my tale, a long overcomplicated post is not the way to go... that's not the way to talk to a friend, and more or less, I consider you dear reader a friend.

If you’re reading this, I need to let you know that I’m not taking you for granted; River City Pixels started as a personal project, and it has grow into… well it hasn’t quite grow over the years, but I started questioning how much “personal” this blog actually is now that I browse it through a bit, and realize that –beside the comics– I don’t see too much of myself in it…



So, from now on, I’ll be sharing a bit of backstory through some of the things I’ve been doing on the ‘net over the past years; there are a lot of things I’d like to share with all of you, as much as I want to keep learning from many of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment